- 1 What is Guatemala like to visit?
- 2 What are three major tourist attractions in Guatemala?
- 3 Why do tourists visit Guatemala?
- 4 Is it dangerous to travel to Guatemala?
- 5 Is Guatemala City worth visiting?
- 6 What Guatemala is famous for?
- 7 What food is Guatemala known for?
- 8 What is the most visited place in Guatemala?
- 9 What is the best time to visit Guatemala?
- 10 What is Guatemala good for?
- 11 What are 3 interesting facts about Guatemala?
- 12 Does Guatemala get a lot of tourism?
- 13 Is Guatemala safe 2020?
- 14 Why is Guatemala so dangerous?
- 15 Is Guatemala safe for tourists 2020?
What is Guatemala like to visit?
Guatemala boasts a rich Mayan culture. There are colonial towns full of charm and rainforests full of life. There are ancient ruins, lovely lakes, and rumbling volcanoes. If you like adventure or the pure gratification of traveling off the regular path, Guatemala is worth trying out.
What are three major tourist attractions in Guatemala?
Here are some of the most impressive tourist attractions in Guatemala.
- El Mirador. photo/Julie Hillebrant.
- Rio Dulce. Rio Dulce, or Sweet River, is known for many things.
- Parque Central Quetzaltenango. flickr/Harry Diaz.
- Volcan Pacaya. flickr/Bethany and Kyle.
- Chichicastenango Market.
- Santa Catalina Arch.
Why do tourists visit Guatemala?
Guatemala has everything you’re looking for in a vacation destination. From history to culture, ancient ruins and brilliant colonial architecture, natural beauty and adventure, you’ll love traveling to the country – it’s known as the Mayan center of Central America because of the many historical sites.
Is it dangerous to travel to Guatemala?
Guatemala has one of the highest violent crime rates in Latin America, one of the world’s highest homicide rates and a very low arrest and detention rate. Most incidents of violent crime are drug- and gang-related. They occur throughout the country, including in tourist destinations.
Is Guatemala City worth visiting?
It’s an extraordinary place, with the country’s best restaurants, nightlife, museums, and people watching, and for me is a must-see for understanding what makes Guatemala tick.
What Guatemala is famous for?
Guatemala is best known for its volcanic landscape, fascinating Mayan culture and the colorful colonial city of Antigua, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. But this small Central American country has a wealth of homegrown produce and talent.
What food is Guatemala known for?
14 Delicious Dishes You Can’t Leave Guatemala Without Trying
- Pepian. This thick stew is one of Guatemala’s national dishes, combining roasted spices, meat and rice in a tomato-based sauce.
- Chiles rellenos.
- Elote loco.
What is the most visited place in Guatemala?
Tikal. Tikal is Guatemala’s most famous and popular visitor attraction, and for good reason. As the capital city of the Mayan classic period, Tikal is one of the largest archaeological sites in Mesoamerica, and its enormous causeways and imposing pyramids attract tourists from all over the world.
What is the best time to visit Guatemala?
The best time to visit Guatemala is during the dry season, which runs from November to April. However, the country has a pleasant climate that lends itself to year-round trips, with temperatures between 72°F and 90°F.
What is Guatemala good for?
There are countless reasons to visit the beautiful, vibrant country of Guatemala, but these ones top the list:
- Mayan Ruins of Tikal.
- UNESCO-Inscribed Antigua.
- Relaxing Lake Atilan.
- Semuc Champey Waterfalls.
- Amazing Surfing and Swimming Beaches.
- A Lush and Virgin Jungle.
- Cheap Spanish Language Courses.
What are 3 interesting facts about Guatemala?
10 Fun Facts about Guatemala, the Land of the Trees
- Rosario Traducciones continues its tour of Latin America in another edition of #ElEspañolEnElMundo.
- 1) One country, 25 languages.
- 2) Guatemala, land of trees.
- 3 ) Largest number of UNESCO world heritage sites in the world.
- 4) Creators of chocolate and instant coffee.
Does Guatemala get a lot of tourism?
Tourism became one of the main drivers of the economy, an industry that reported more than $1.8 billion in 2008. Guatemala receives about two million tourists annually. Historical tourism destinations include the colonial city of Antigua Guatemala, which is recognized by UNESCO Cultural Heritage.
Is Guatemala safe 2020?
Despite having a reputation for crime, Guatemala is generally safe to visit right now. Travel warnings and stats don’t always paint a true picture of what it’s like to actually BE in the country. For example, most violent crime is gang-related i.e. only affects locals living in certain areas.
Why is Guatemala so dangerous?
According to the US Department of State, Guatemala’s high murder rate is caused by four principal factors: an increase in drug trafficking; a growing prevalence of gang-related violence; a heavily armed civilian population; and a weak and incompetent police/judicial system.
Is Guatemala safe for tourists 2020?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Guatemala due to COVID-19, indicating a high level of COVID-19 in the country. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. 6