- 1 How health issues can affect tourism?
- 2 Why many international tourists will use a local travel agency to make their holiday travel arrangements?
- 3 In what ways does tourism impact our world?
- 4 Why is it essential for tourism professionals to Sensitise visitors towards the feelings of the local populace?
- 5 What is the most common health problem?
- 6 What are the factors that affect future direction of tourism?
- 7 What makes a destination successful?
- 8 What steps should the government take to make tourism more attractive to foreigners?
- 9 What are the expectations of tourists?
- 10 What are the three tourism impacts?
- 11 What are the positive and negative effects of tourism?
- 12 What are the types of tourism impacts?
- 13 Why is tourist attraction important?
- 14 What are the most important variables for systematic analysis of tourism impacts?
- 15 Which among the following is a benefit of engaging in tourism activities?
How health issues can affect tourism?
Malaria, dengue, yellow fever and Ebola are significant determinants of international tourism flows. The eradication of malaria, dengue, yellow fever and Ebola would result in an impact of 12 billion dollars in terms of tourism expenditures.
Why many international tourists will use a local travel agency to make their holiday travel arrangements?
Many international leisure travellers will use the services of a local travel agency for a variety of reasons. They provide customers with brochures and additional travel information as well as all appropriate help and advice.
In what ways does tourism impact our world?
The traditionally-described domains of tourism impacts are economic, socio-cultural, and environmental dimensions. The economic effects of tourism include improved tax revenue and personal income, increased standards of living, and more employment opportunities.
Why is it essential for tourism professionals to Sensitise visitors towards the feelings of the local populace?
By encouraging visitors to buy local products such as food and souvenirs the benefits will be channeled directly into the community. This is most important, as it will prevent leakage in terms of labour, finance and the supply of goods.
What is the most common health problem?
1. Heart Disease – 655,381 deaths per year. Heart disease encompasses many heart conditions, including heart valve disease, heart infection, disease of the heart muscle, congenital heart defects, heart rhythm issues, coronary artery disease, and more.
What are the factors that affect future direction of tourism?
In the future the global tourism industry is likely to be affected by five key factors: human, geopolitical, economic, technological and environmental.
What makes a destination successful?
Summary: Tourists’ expectations when visiting a particular place are related to several features of the chosen destination: culture, architecture, gastronomy, infrastructure, landscape, events, shopping, etc. These features attract people to the destination and contribute to the overall experience of the trip.
What steps should the government take to make tourism more attractive to foreigners?
4 Steps to Attract Tourists to Your Country
- Connect with agents. Developing partnerships with the right agents can have a significant impact on the travelers who discover your destination.
- Optimize your website for mobile use.
- Invest in video marketing.
- Embrace chatbots for the booking experience.
What are the expectations of tourists?
Tourist expectations are a second‐order factor based on inter‐correlations among several first‐order factors (i.e. past experience, external communication, word‐of‐mouth communication and destination image). In addition, image can be considered as the main factor generating expectations of a destination.
What are the three tourism impacts?
Tourism impacts can be categorized into three: economic, socio-cultural and environmental. It can be positive (beneficial) or negative (detrimental). The impacts also depends on the value and judgment of the observer.
What are the positive and negative effects of tourism?
Tourism can provide jobs and improve the wealth of an area. Positive and negative impacts of tourism.
|New facilities for the tourists also benefit locals, eg new roads||Overcrowding and traffic jams|
|Greater demand for local food and crafts||Prices increase in local shops as tourists are often more wealthy than the local population|
What are the types of tourism impacts?
Pandey (2014) classify broadly five kinds of impacts of tourism on the environment: Effect of pollution; Loss of natural landscape, agricultural and pastoral land; Destruction of flora and fauna; Degradation of landscape, historic sites and monuments; and Effects of congestions .
Why is tourist attraction important?
The ultimate primary purpose of attractions is to attract the customer’s attention so that they can come to a specific location and explore the various attractions on vacation. In the travel and tourism industry, attractions therefore play a particularly important role as this attracts tourists from all over the world.
What are the most important variables for systematic analysis of tourism impacts?
Concerning negative economic impacts, attracting non-local work force and scarcity of some necessary products were recognized as the key influential factors. Variables distribution showed an unstable system in negative economic impacts of tourism.
Which among the following is a benefit of engaging in tourism activities?
Tourism brings many benefits, including but not limited to the following few: Growth and boost in Economic activities. Boost wide scale industry revenues. Connectivity and growth to local, regional and even the remotest areas.