- 1 Why are hospitality and tourism interrelated and interdependent?
- 2 How Travel and Tourism Organisations work together?
- 3 What is the chain of distribution in travel and tourism?
- 4 What is the advantage to the overseas holiday business of integration with a travel agency?
- 5 What is the difference between tourism and hospitality?
- 6 What is the importance of tourism and hospitality?
- 7 What are the two types of tourism industry bodies?
- 8 What are different types of tourism?
- 9 What is tourism travel?
- 10 What are the 4 types of distribution?
- 11 What are the 4 channels of distribution?
- 12 What are the 3 distribution channels?
- 13 Which is the most expensive type of tourism?
- 14 What are the impacts of tourism?
- 15 What is the difference between travel agency and tour operator?
Both industries are linked because they are designed to the travelers’ satisfaction, but have their own goals and objectives. Hospitality is mostly focused on the accommodation and food & beverage while the tourism industry is wider and responsible for more things.
How Travel and Tourism Organisations work together?
UK and Regional Tourist Board promote domestic and inbound tourism, they provide information for people to read and encourage people to come visit the local areas. Low Cost Holidays is an organisation that enters agreement with others so that they can all benefit and make profit from a booking.
What is the chain of distribution in travel and tourism?
The chain of distribution means getting a product to a consumers for example hotels put packages together and give them to tour operators then tour operators give them to travel agencys to sell to the consumers so basically they are all working together to ensure consumers get the best deals and packages.
What is the advantage to the overseas holiday business of integration with a travel agency?
An advantage of a business offering all elements of a holiday is that they are able to control its cost and ensure that their customers receive a guaranteed high standard of service.
What is the difference between tourism and hospitality?
Why Hospitality or Tourism? Although the two disciplines and industries overlap, the main difference is that tourism deals with attractions, activities, and events, while Hospitality focuses on providing people great accommodation, travel, as well as other facilities like restaurants or sports centres.
What is the importance of tourism and hospitality?
The tourism industry is important for the benefits it brings and due to its role as a commercial activity that creates demand and growth for many more industries. Tourism not only contributes towards more economic activities but also generates more employment, revenues and play a significant role in development.
What are the two types of tourism industry bodies?
There are many different types of travel and tourism organisations. From tour operators to airlines, to tourist boards and conservation activists, each organisation is different.
- Tourist information centres.
- Tourist boards.
- Visitor attractions.
- Local transport organisations.
- Regulatory bodies.
- Government bodies.
What are different types of tourism?
Types of tourism:
- Recreational tourism: Tourism is an often activity for recreational purpose.
- Environmental tourism:
- Historical tourism:
- Ethnic tourism:
- Cultural tourism:
- Adventure tourism:
- Health tourism:
- Religious tourism:
What is tourism travel?
Travel is the movement of people between distant geographical locations. Travel can also include relatively short stays between successive movements, as in the case of tourism.
What are the 4 types of distribution?
There are four types of distribution channels that exist: direct selling, selling through intermediaries, dual distribution, and reverse logistics channels.
What are the 4 channels of distribution?
Types of Distribution Channels – 4 Important Types: Direct Sale, Sale through Retailer, Wholesaler, Agent
- Direct Sale:
- Sale through Retailer:
- Sale through Wholesaler:
- Sale through Agent:
- Intensive, Selective and Exclusive Distribution:
What are the 3 distribution channels?
The three types of distribution channels are wholesalers, retailers, and direct-to-consumer sales.
Which is the most expensive type of tourism?
The Most Expensive Vacation Destinations
- Bora Bora.
- British Virgin Islands.
- Paris. Much like New York, Paris, France, has become a popular destination for many travelers.
- New York City. New York, New York is unsurprisingly one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
What are the impacts of tourism?
Positive and negative impacts of tourism
|New facilities for the tourists also benefit locals, eg new roads||Overcrowding and traffic jams|
|Greater demand for local food and crafts||Prices increase in local shops as tourists are often more wealthy than the local population|
What is the difference between travel agency and tour operator?
A tour operator sells the product that they themselves create. They do not sell anybody else’s packages, they sell only their own creations. A Travel Agent offers the consumer a range of holiday packages that have been put together by a tour operator.