- 1 What is Greenville SC known for?
- 2 What should I know before moving to Greenville SC?
- 3 How much does it cost to live in Greenville SC?
- 4 What big companies are in Greenville SC?
- 5 What is the most dangerous city in South Carolina?
- 6 Is Greenville SC a safe city?
- 7 Why do people move to Greenville SC?
- 8 Why is Greenville SC so cheap?
- 9 How is life in Greenville SC?
- 10 How much does it cost to live comfortably in Greenville SC?
- 11 How much money do you need to live comfortably in South Carolina?
- 12 How much is a gallon of milk in Greenville SC?
- 13 Does anyone famous live in Greenville SC?
- 14 Who is the largest employer in SC?
- 15 What is the main industry in Greenville SC?
What is Greenville SC known for?
Greenville is the cultural and entertainment center for the upstate, including an award winning downtown, a major performing arts center, a 17,000 seat arena, a 340,000-square-foot convention and exhibition center, nationally recognized museum collections, and 39 parks, playgrounds and recreation centers.
What should I know before moving to Greenville SC?
10 reasons you should consider moving to Greenville, SC
- There’s an abundance of outdoor activities year round.
- The cost of living is low.
- It’s a foodie’s paradise.
- Downtown Greenville is full of things to do and see.
- Incredible annual festival and events.
- Mild weather throughout the year.
- Furman University.
How much does it cost to live in Greenville SC?
The cost of living in Greenville is 89.8, about 10% lower than the national average, but 1.5% higher than a year ago. Greenville’s cost of living is only slightly higher than the state average of 88.5.
What big companies are in Greenville SC?
Let’s take it from the top.
- Prisma Health. Health Services | 15,941 employees.
- Greenville County Schools. Public Education | 10,095 employees.
- Michelin North America. Headquarters – research + development, manufacturing | 7,120 employees.
- Bi-Lo, LLC.
- Bon Secours St.
- GE Power.
- Duke Energy Corp.
- Greenville County Government.
What is the most dangerous city in South Carolina?
Spartanburg, a new addition to the list, ranked the highest of all in the state, with a violent crime rate of 12.0 per 1,000 residents and a 1 in 83 chance of being a victim. Myrtle Beach immediately followed, with a rate of 11.9 per 1,000 residents and a 1 in 83 chance of being a victim.
Is Greenville SC a safe city?
Greenville Crime Rate FAQ Greenville is considered one of the safest cities in South Carolina, though its crime rate is slightly higher than the state average. Crime in Greenville is still lower than the United States average.
Why do people move to Greenville SC?
There are a lot of great reasons that make moving to Greenville, SC a viable option for many families and individuals. With great opportunities for outdoor adventure, lots of cultural events, a low cost of living, and so much more, it’s no wonder this city has generated so much buzz in recent years.
Why is Greenville SC so cheap?
Thanks to its affordable housing market and other low expenses, the cost of living in Greenville is less than the national average. It is also more affordable than its South Carolina neighbor of Charleston on the east coast.
How is life in Greenville SC?
Greenville is family-friendly with its walkable downtown that includes parks and museums that make it easy to enjoy the area at a low cost. Being in close proximity to Clemson University, Furman University and other colleges, Greenville’s population feels young despite the median age of the population being around 38.
How much does it cost to live comfortably in Greenville SC?
Greenville cost of living is 89.8
|COST OF LIVING||Greenville||South Carolina|
|Median Home Cost||$187,500||$170,100|
How much money do you need to live comfortably in South Carolina?
How much do you need to live comfortably in South Carolina? According to the Economic Policy Institute, the annual cost of living for a single person without any children averages to $2,332 monthly. If you ‘re single, you need to make $14.72 per hour in order to make a liveable wage in South Carolina.
How much is a gallon of milk in Greenville SC?
A single person estimated monthly costs are 975$ without rent. Greenville is 25.49% less expensive than New York (without rent). Cost of Living in Greenville.
|Milk (regular), (1 gallon )||3.51$|
|Loaf of Fresh White Bread (1 lb)||2.74$|
|Rice (white), (1 lb)||1.59$|
|Eggs (regular) (12)||3.94$|
Does anyone famous live in Greenville SC?
Dan Marino, Gary Player, Lucas Glover, and Jay Haas all have homes in the Greenville area. Sam Wyche lives in Pickens. Andi McDowell has a house in the mountains outside of Asheville.
Who is the largest employer in SC?
State Profile: Largest Employers
|#||Employer||Number of Employees|
|2||Medical University of SC||12,000|
What is the main industry in Greenville SC?
Over the past thirty-five years, Greenville has transformed itself from the textile capital of the world to a destination for a diverse industry base that includes corporate office, manufacturing, and warehousing/distribution operations.