- 1 How do you make a press kit?
- 2 How do I create a media kit for my business?
- 3 What goes in a press kit?
- 4 How do I make a digital press kit?
- 5 How much does a press kit cost?
- 6 How much does an electronic press kit cost?
- 7 What is a press kit for an artist?
- 8 What is the difference between a press kit and a media kit?
- 9 Where can I make a media kit?
- 10 Who needs a press kit?
- 11 Why are press kits useful?
- 12 How long is a press kit?
- 13 What does an electronic press kit look like?
- 14 How do I make an EPK from scratch?
- 15 Is ReverbNation an EPK?
How do you make a press kit?
How to Create a Press Kit with Examples [+ Free Template]
- Decide on the Purpose of Your Press Kit.
- Provide Contact Information.
- Write Your Business Story.
- Create a Company Fact Section.
- Highlight Your Business with Photos.
- Include Team Member Bios.
- Provide Your Company’s Media Assets.
- Link to Past Press Releases.
How do I create a media kit for my business?
A step-by-step guide to creating a powerful press kit
- Overview: Give a brief summary.
- Press Releases: List a few notable milestones.
- About: Highlight additional information.
- Audience: Visualize your market.
- Resources: Include all useful materials.
- Media Assets: Provide high-quality images.
- Founders: Include a short bio.
What goes in a press kit?
What’s included in a press kit? Press kits include elements such as your company story and mission, facts, branded marketing assets, info on team members, media mentions, press releases, and samples of feature articles.
How do I make a digital press kit?
8 Essential Elements for Your Digital Press Kit
- Bio. The first element to have is your most current bio.
- Photos/images. The next element to include in your digital press kit is a section with downloadable (professional) photos.
- Press articles/reviews.
- Notable achievements.
- Contact info.
- Social media.
How much does a press kit cost?
Press kits are relatively inexpensive ways to get you noticed — perfect for creative but fiscally challenged freelancers. With an average price of $5,000, they’re way cheaper than most forms of advertising.
How much does an electronic press kit cost?
The costs for these printed kits range from $700 to $5000…and that’s just for the design. You can tack the cost of printing on top of that. An electronic press kit ( EPK ) comes in digital format such as a website, email or downloadable file.
What is a press kit for an artist?
A press kit is just what it sounds like, as it is a group of documents presenting the artist’s background, education, experience, past exhibitions, publishing achievements, competition awards along the artist’s current and future shows, etc.
What is the difference between a press kit and a media kit?
In simple terms, a media kit is a general overview of your brand, while a press kit is necessary information for immediate coverage on a timely event.
Where can I make a media kit?
Canva has millions of professional stock photos, illustrations, images, icons and other graphics to make your media kit stand out. Use the drag-and-drop tool to add elements to your page.
Who needs a press kit?
The press kit is among the necessary and most useful tools in public relations. Also known as media kits, well-developed press kits provide a one-stop information source for reporters. They are essential to pitching story ideas to journalists.
Why are press kits useful?
A press kit is a page or folder on your website that makes it incredibly easy for journalists to learn about your brand and access photos and videos to use in their content. Press kits give journalists all the facts and figures they need so they can focus on telling a compelling story.
How long is a press kit?
The ideal length of a press release is about an A4 side or about 300 to 400 words (the length of a short news item). That’s just three or four short paragraphs and a couple of of quotes. If yours is longer than that, you’ve probably got unnecessary waffle that doesn’t add anything to your story.
What does an electronic press kit look like?
EPK photos may include headshots, band and promotional shots, CD cover art, and liner graphics. Your Press Coverage: An EPK also shows off press coverage including reviews and interviews along with endorsements from radio and television outlets.
How do I make an EPK from scratch?
How to make an EPK
- Write a short EPK bio.
- Include links to music.
- Add gig dates and details.
- Include any press releases in your EPK.
- Use professional photos.
- Embed music videos.
- Note any relevant mentions.
- Provide any contact details.
Is ReverbNation an EPK?
Sites such as ReverbNation and Adobe Spark are great platforms for music promotion and creating your EPK. The platform offers additional tools such as Crowd Reviews, which allows you to submit your music and get unbiased feedback from real fans. You can also explore gig opportunities using Gig Finder.