- 1 What Massachusetts is known for?
- 2 What is there to do in Massachusetts today?
- 3 What is the nicest town in Massachusetts?
- 4 What can you do for free in Massachusetts?
- 5 What are 3 facts about Massachusetts?
- 6 What is the most dangerous city in Mass?
- 7 What food is Massachusetts known for?
- 8 Is there anything fun to do in Massachusetts?
- 9 How do you get around in Massachusetts?
- 10 What is the richest town in Massachusetts?
- 11 What is the cheapest city to live in Massachusetts?
- 12 What is the most affordable town in Massachusetts?
- 13 What is there to do in Massachusetts on a rainy day?
- 14 What fun places are open in Massachusetts?
- 15 What is there to do in Massachusetts at night?
What Massachusetts is known for?
Massachusetts is known for its many colleges and universities, including Harvard University, the first institution of higher learning in the country (founded in 1636). And Bay State residents value education: Massachusetts has the highest percentage of residents with a college degree in the nation.
What is there to do in Massachusetts today?
16 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Massachusetts
- Freedom Trail. Freedom Trail.
- Faneuil Hall. Faneuil Hall.
- Cape Cod Beaches.
- Boston Common and Public Garden Swan Boats.
- Fenway Park.
- Harvard Square and Museums.
- Museum of Fine Arts and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.
- Mayflower II and Plimoth Plantation.
What is the nicest town in Massachusetts?
The 10 Most Charming Cities in Massachusetts
- Plimoth Plantation, Plymouth, MA 02360.
- Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA 02138.
- Massachusetts Horticultural Society, Wellesley, MA 02482.
- Martha’s Vineyard, Dukes County, MA.
- Emily Dickinson Museum, Amherst, MA 01002.
- Freedom Trail, Boston, MA.
What can you do for free in Massachusetts?
- Cape Cod National Seashore. 627. Beaches.
- Mohawk Trail. Scenic Drives. By GAlsager.
- Freedom Trail. 17,372. Historic Walking Areas.
- Harvard University. 3,134. Historic Sites • Universities & Schools.
- Fishermen’s Memorial Monument. 824.
- Commercial Street. 2,276.
- Cape Cod Rail Trail. 447.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) 1,046.
What are 3 facts about Massachusetts?
Massachusetts Fun Facts
- HISTORY: Excavations in Massachusetts reveal that the earliest human inhabitants arrived about 3,000 years ago.
- NAME: The state takes its name from the Massachuset tribe of Native Americans.
- CAPITAL: Boston, established in 1630, has been the capital of Massachusetts since its founding.
What is the most dangerous city in Mass?
The most dangerous city in Massachusetts is Springfield, where the chance of being a victim of a violent crime is one in 109. Holyoke also made the list, coming in as the 94th most dangerous city in America.
What food is Massachusetts known for?
Any trip to Massachusetts for Boston food should include at least one of these signature dishes.
- Clam Chowder. Settlers introduced clam chowder to New England in the early 18th century | © Aaron Bastin / Alamy Stock Photo.
- Lobster Rolls.
- Baked Beans.
- Fish and Chips.
- Boston Cream Pie.
- Fenway Frank.
Is there anything fun to do in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts is known for its abundance of things to see and do. Visit the famous Nantucket Island, Martha’s Vineyard, and Cape Cod which are like their own hidden worlds, complete with picturesque lighthouses and excellent beaches. Western Massachusetts offers stunning fall foliage and many unique museums.
How do you get around in Massachusetts?
Getting Around Boston – How to Get Around Boston for Tourists
- Boston Public Transportation. The MBTA is Boston’s public transportation system, and it’s a great way to get around quickly and cheaply.
- Walking & Biking.
- Taxis & Ride Share.
- Other Options.
- By Plane.
- By Train.
- By Bus.
What is the richest town in Massachusetts?
1. Weston. The richest town in Massachusetts earns a per capita income of $105,217 and has a dramatically higher median family income of $250,000 or more compared to the other towns. Bloomberg ranked Middlesex County’s Weston town as having the 11thwealthiest zip code in all of the US in 2019.
What is the cheapest city to live in Massachusetts?
The Most Affordable Places To Live In Massachusetts
What is the most affordable town in Massachusetts?
These are the 10 most affordable places to live in Mass., according to a new study
|4||Palmer Town, MA||31.77|
What is there to do in Massachusetts on a rainy day?
The 15 Best Rainy Day Activities to Do in Massachusetts! By Kimberly Ripley
- Museum of Science, Boston, MA.
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park, Danvers, MA.
- CoCo Key Water Park, Danvers, MA.
- Showcase Cinema Superlux, Chestnut Hill, MA.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA.
- Boston Rock Gym, Woburn, MA.
- New England Aquarium, Boston, MA.
What fun places are open in Massachusetts?
25 Best Things to Do in Massachusetts — Fun Activities & Stuff to Do!
- Fenway Park — Boston. 4 Jersey St.
- House Of The Seven Gables — Salem. 115 Derby St.
- Cape Cod National Seashore — Wellfleet.
- Freedom Trail — Boston.
- Harvard University — Cambridge.
- Plimoth Plantation — Plymouth.
- Hammond Castle Museum — Gloucester.
- Boston Common.
What is there to do in Massachusetts at night?
The Best Things to Do in Boston at Night
- 1) Stroll through the Parks.
- 2) Sail on a Sunset Cruise.
- 3) Go to a Concert.
- 4) Sample Beers on a Brewery Tour.
- 5) Feel Moved at Performing Arts Theaters.
- 6) Laugh at Comedy Venues.
- 7) Learn about Boston’s Sordid History.
- 8) Visit Local Museums.