- 1 What is the leading international organization in the field of travel and tourism?
- 2 Which of the following has the greatest influence on tourism?
- 3 Is there interdependence between various segments of the hospitality industry?
- 4 Are a middle person acting as a travel counselor on behalf of airlines cruise lines and hotels?
- 5 Who is the father of tourism?
- 6 What are the 9 sectors of tourism?
- 7 What are the negative impacts of tourism?
- 8 What are the positive and negative impact of tourism?
- 9 What are the main factors affecting tourism?
- 10 What are the 8 sectors of tourism?
- 11 What are the 5 segments of the hospitality industry?
- 12 What are the 5 sectors of the hospitality industry?
- 13 What are two main benefits of the airline hub-and-spoke system?
- 14 What is the largest expense for most airlines?
- 15 What is the world’s largest travel market?
What is the leading international organization in the field of travel and tourism?
As the leading international organization in the field of tourism, UNWTO promotes tourism as a driver of economic growth, inclusive development and environmental sustainability and offers leadership and support to the sector in advancing knowledge and tourism policies worldwide.
Which of the following has the greatest influence on tourism?
Anecdotally, the four factors (or variables) that are usually considered to have the greatest influence on tourist behaviors include:
- weather conditions,
- economic environment,
- the prices of products and services offered to tourists,
- the amount of leisure time that pleasure travelers have available to them.
Is there interdependence between various segments of the hospitality industry?
There is a definite interdependence between the food service, lodging, and meeting segments of the hospitality industry. This means they often work as a team; they rely on one another for success and form a mutual dependence on one another.
Are a middle person acting as a travel counselor on behalf of airlines cruise lines and hotels?
Explanation: Travel agents serve as a middle person acting as a travel counselor on behalf of airlines, cruise lines, and hotels. They do not bring together tourists and rental companies, promotes tours and trips that they plan and organize or are tour operators.
Who is the father of tourism?
Thomas Cook, (born November 22, 1808, Melbourne, Derbyshire, England—died July 18, 1892, Leicester, Leicestershire), English innovator of the conducted tour and founder of Thomas Cook and Son, a worldwide travel agency. Cook can be said to have invented modern tourism.
What are the 9 sectors of tourism?
The Nine ( 9 ) Pillars of Tourism
- Accommodation/ Lodging.
- Food and Beverage.
- Travel Sectors / Travel Agents.
- Souvenirs and Handicrafts.
- Allied Services.
What are the negative impacts of tourism?
Tourism puts enormous stress on local land use, and can lead to soil erosion, increased pollution, natural habitat loss, and more pressure on endangered species. These effects can gradually destroy the environmental resources on which tourism itself depends.
What are the positive and negative impact of tourism?
This is because they involve providing a service to other people. Positive and negative impacts of tourism.
|New facilities for the tourists also benefit locals, eg new roads||Overcrowding and traffic jams|
|Greater demand for local food and crafts||Prices increase in local shops as tourists are often more wealthy than the local population|
What are the main factors affecting tourism?
Among these factors culture, peace, security, developed infrastructure of the world, visa facilities, natural beautification, attitude of the people, tourist number, Quarantine, World population, Education, Income level, Price level of different commodities in the world, different languages and fare of hotel etc are
What are the 8 sectors of tourism?
For many years, however, the tourism industry was classified into eight sectors: accommodations, adventure and recreation, attractions, events and conferences, food and beverage, tourism services, transportation, and travel trade (Yukon Department of Tourism and Culture, 2013).
What are the 5 segments of the hospitality industry?
The industry is complex, consisting of five major segments: food, lodging, travel, tourism and recreation. Part of the complexity is the comingling of segments, such as a hotel that houses a restaurant, theater and gift shop.
What are the 5 sectors of the hospitality industry?
There are four segments of the hospitality industry: Food and beverages, Travel and Tourism, lodging, and recreation.
- Food and Beverages. The food and beverage sector which is professionally known by its initials as F&B is the largest segment of the hospitality industry.
- Travel and Tourism.
What are two main benefits of the airline hub-and-spoke system?
The hub-and-spoke system allows an airline to serve fewer routes, so fewer aircraft are needed. The system also increases passenger loads; a flight from a hub to a spoke carries not just passengers originating at the hub, but also passengers originating at multiple spoke cities. However, the system is costly.
What is the largest expense for most airlines?
The major expenses that affect companies in the airline industry are labor and fuel costs. Labor costs are largely fixed in the short-term, while fuel costs can swing wildly based on the price of oil. For this reason, analysts pay more attention to fuel costs in the near-term.
What is the world’s largest travel market?
The world’s largest travel market is Asia Pacific, which is represented by the Pacific Area Travel Association & includes China, India & Southeast Asia.